It is that time of the year again when people in the Copper Basin consider who they would like to see as the 2012 Citizen of the Year. There are many people in the Copper Basin Area who work behind the scenes with community projects seeing that every thing runs smoothly.
The deadline for submitting your nomination letter is Friday, Feb. 1.
Citizen of the Year criteria is as follows:
(1) The Citizen of the Year (COY) award is bestowed upon the individual who has contributed to the quality of life in the Copper Basin Tri Community area.
(2) A person should be nominated for voluntary work performed within the previous year or before.
(3)Nominees must live or work in the Copper Basin Communities.
(4) Any member of the community may nominate someone for COY. However, former COY’s are not eligible to nominate anyone for COY since they are involved in the selection process.
(5) Letters of nomination must be signed.
(6) There will be no ties for COY with one exception; husband and wife teams may win as one.
(7) No groups can be nominated
(8) Former COY’s may not be nominated again.
(9) Former nominees, those not chosen as COY, may be re-nominated.
Everyone who has been nominated will attend the COY dinner and will be recognized along with the winner of the award. Submit letters in a sealed envelope to the Chamber Director as early as possible prior to the deadline.
The Citizen of the Year will be announced at the Annual Dinner Monday, Feb. 25, 2013